What’s your first memory of going down the City? Did your mum and dad go too? Or granddad? What does supporting Cardiff mean to you? And what’s it like going now?
The Trust and the Cardiff Story Museum are gathering your stories to capture and celebrate the history of Cardiff City football club and the impact it has had on people’s lives and different generations.
We will train and support a group of volunteers to record our histories. If you are interested then contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Full details below:
Oral History Volunteer
Role: Oral History volunteer
Responsible to: Curators
Hours: TBC/as agreed with Curators
Location: Various locations across the city.
Purpose of role:
The Cardiff Story Museum is an exciting museum that tells the story of Wales’ capital city through the eyes of its people, bringing Cardiff’s past to life. It celebrates, interprets and preserves Cardiff’s history, for both residents and visitors to the city.
Cardiff City Supporters’ Trust is a democratic organisation committed to giving City fans a voice in the decision-making process of the club and to strengthening the links between Cardiff City and the community it serves.
Oral History volunteers will support and assist the Cardiff Story Museum and Cardiff City Supporters Trust to collect and record a body of Oral Histories to capture and celebrate the history of Cardiff City football club and the impact it has had on people’s lives and different generations.
The Cardiff Story will train and support a group of volunteers to kick start this project with a view that participants will gain the confidence to pass on their knowledge and skills to future volunteers to help this become an ongoing project.
We will be holding taster sessions in the New Year for interested people. Please get in touch if you are interested in finding out more.
Summary of role:
- Interview people and record their stories.
- Write a brief summary of interview. (If possible write a transcription of interview – support will be given).
- Become an ambassador for the project.
- Share best practice with others e.g. buddy up with other potential volunteers to share skills and knowledge learnt.
- Support Curators in developing digital content to put on various social media sites.
Training and support will be provided throughout the process.
Relevant qualities, skills and experience:
Interested in working with a variety of people, collecting people’s stories, developing skills in interviewing, listening and general communication.
- Interpersonal skills – i.e. is friendly, approachable and enjoys interacting with different people.
- Enthusiastic attitude
- Genuinely interested in all things Cardiff and Cardiff City.
- Willingness to work as part of a small team
Everyone who works and volunteers with the Cardiff Story Museum:
- Works within the guidelines of the Volunteer Policy and related organisational policies and procedures (eg. Health and Safety, Equalities, Access, Child Protection, etc.)
- Ensures the health and safety of visitors, staff and volunteers by following designated procedures.
- Acts as a representative and ambassador for The Cardiff Story & Cardiff City Supporters Trust.
- All work undertaken and produced by volunteers for and on behalf of The Cardiff Story, Cardiff Council, Cardiff City Supporters Trust will remain the copyright of the Museum.
Full training will be given.
Interested? Find out more by contacting the Trust on email@example.com
Or the Cardiff Story Curators: Lucie.Connors@cardiff.gov.uk / firstname.lastname@example.org or 029 2078 8334.
For more information about The Cardiff Story Museum visit – http://www.cardiffstory.com/