Our friends at Merthyr Town Supporters’ Trust are holding a golf day to raise funds.
It takes place at Morlais Castle Golf Club, Merthyr Tydfil, Friday, August 17th, (Tee off times: 9.30am – 2.30pm).
Merthyr Town FC is community and fan-ran club formed in 2010, the MTFC Community Initiative is an exciting and innovative project which uses the popularity of football to help regenerate the local area. The initiative has three main aims as:
• To increase community use of the facilities at the football club
• To provide training, learning and placement opportunities
• To provide physical activities and coaching for children and young people living in the local area
The money raised from last year’s event has contributed to the sustainability and development of the club and also offered participating teams and organisation a fun day out as well as the chance to meet other established businesses within the area.
For £200, the day will consist of:
• 18 holes of golf for teams of 4 in Stableford format
• 3 out 4 scores on each hole to count
• Coffee and bacon roll on arrival
• Nearest to pin on two holes and longest drive
• Chance to win a car on one of the par 3 holes
• Two course meal at the club restaurant
• Additionally, a yellow ball sweep is optional on the day for £10
As there is a limit to the number of teams that can participate, please apply early to avoid disappointment. Further information is available from Meurig Price or Steve Lloyd on 07503 170 937 or 07912 748 210 respectively.